Monday, February 18, 2008

NBA All Star Game Weekend

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the whole All Star Game Weekend I was romancing my girlfriend for Valentine's Day (yepp that's how I do it, the whole weekend, not just one day). Anyway thanks to the new technologies i caught video highlights of Saturday festivities on the web and saw the game yesterday. Any game without Kobe Bryant(played only 3 min due to injury) for me is boring so i didn't enjoy it. Good for us we need him for the playoffs. King James did it again, this guy is a monster and has a very diverse game he can average a triple double at any given moment and his name is not even Jason Kidd. He deserved that MVP even though Ray Allen is the one that brought the East back in the game and won.
With the absence of Shaq at the show I was worried we wouldn't be entertained behind the scenes (big ass shoe-phone, remote shoe control...) but Howard took over for him (I see a lot of shaq in him personality-wise) he brought creativity back, all the contenders for the slam dunk contest were very inspired, I enjoyed the "cupcake candle blow" and the "superman" he flew so high he didn't need to slam that ball somehow he got lucky when he threw it through the hoop. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what he had in mind.
Great show by the NBA paying tribute to New Orleans Music Heritage, it brought the world's attention to what needs to be done for a full recovery in that region. more work need to be done starting from us to the government.

No comments: