Monday, February 18, 2008

Jason Kidd to Dallas

I knew that the trade of Pau Gasol to the Lakers (my favorite team by the way) was about to shake things up in the Western Conference at least for us. But what I didn't expect was the response from the remaining contenders for the title. I'm talking about Phoenix, Dallas and San Antonio. the first two made major trades before the All Star Game: Shaq to the Suns and possibly Kidd to Dallas (not official yet). None of those trades are of the magnitude of the lakers', now everybody is paying attention to us, even Popovich feels that the trade was unfair since Memphis did not get anything valuable at all (Bye Kwame). Here's what I think he's hating on us and should be worrying about improving his team to repeat this year before it's too late. But I gotta admit it's a toss up in the West, I see major upsets in the first round of playoffs, the top 8 teams are very good. Dallas and Phoenix are not improved at all after those trades. shaq is suffering from injuries he would never get back to even 80%, and Jason Kidd would definitely make everybody around him better but unfortunately they won't be better than the lakers (we got a deep bench, they don't), New Orleans and the Spurs (they're the champs). So sorry guys y' all tried to follow the lakers' footsteps but Kuptchak fooled everybody on this one, even myself I was still calling for his firing 2 months ago.

No comments: