Wednesday, July 30, 2008

'Cuil' Search Engine Falls Short of Big Expectation



So like a good ole curious internaut that I am I logged into Cuil (read 'cool' I believe) search engine on their launch day on Monday to check what the buzz was all about. They claim that they have a bigger database than Google's because of a newly developed algorithm or software that index the millions of web pages untouched by Google. First of all, before you make such a claim you need to make sure your site doesn't crash on launch day. Second of all make sure when you "Cuil" yourself your site appears as the top best result. Within the first hours of the launch I couldn't get any results on simple search words like I don't know "sedmos" for example(I know I Google myself too), finally when I'm able to, they bring up some weird links that have nothing to do with my blog and the pictures don't match the link or the search word.
I was expecting more out of them, the media was already calling them Google's biggest competitor well they fell short. They might have the biggest database but the search results suck.

Get it right next time!

No comments: