Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 North American International Auto Show



Location: Detroit, MI [COBO Center]

Every now and then, whenever I'm attending a major event I report back here on the blog. The last one was last summer when I was lucky enough to receive a free ticket to the Lil Wayne concert (America's Most Wanted Tour).

This time, because I was chaperoning a large group of new International students (more than 30) we received a major discount on our tickets.

Every Michigan resident knows that it's tradition whenever you at the COBO center to take a picture under the huge statue of Joe Louis.



Tickets in hands it's time to make our way to the cars. As soon as we get in we are greeted by these shiny Silver Mercedes, I almost put my shades on for that one.



Believe it or not, theses weren't the most impressive car in the venue, my favorite "regular" (non luxury) car of the bunch was definitely the new Audi R8 Spyder (hardtop) convertibles are for chicks.



The theme of this year show was "Green" a lot of electric and fuel-efficient cars. Tesla was well represented too.



What's an Auto show without a couple luxury, highly priced cars like Bentley, Maybach and Ferrari.






I did a post a few days on Lexus new Supercar the LFA, that car is even more impressive in real life.



Of course there were more than one Supercar at the show:




This was probably the most impressive display I've ever seen, I call it the Spidey-truck; and no I didn't take the picture upside down.



There were also a movie star in the building, Bumblebee from the movie "Transformers" made an appearance.



Overall the show was great, unfortunately it was downscaled this year for obvious economic reasons. The three major companies were well represented they all put an emphasis on "Green" by displaying their most fuel-efficient cars.

Now let me go order a couple of them cars, I'll holla at y'all later. One!

P.S: The beautiful model on the pic at the top of the post was my personal highlight of the day, I stalked her for more than 15 minutes taking pictures of a Dodge Viper I wasn't really into. I really hope she's included in the orders I'm about to place.

I'm in love people.

If you're in town you have until tomorrow Sunday so Get it Right and go check them out!

No comments: