Thursday, September 25, 2008

VH1's 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs

01 Public Enemy / Fight The Power
02 Sugarhill Gang / Rapper’s Delight
03 Dr. Dre / Nuthin But A ‘G’ Thang
04 Run-DMC ft/ Aerosmith/ Walk This Way
05 Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five / The Message
06 N.W.A. / Straight Outta Compton
07 Notorious B.I.G. / Juicy
08 Snoop Doggy Dogg / Gin and Juice
09 Salt-N-Pepa / Push It
10 Kurtis Blow / The Breaks
11 Jay-Z / Hard Knock Life
12 L.L. Cool J / I Can’t Live Without My Radio
13 Wu-Tang Clan / C.R.E.A.M.”
14 Tupac / I Get Around
15 Eminem / Stan
16 Missy Elliott / Get Ur Freak On
17 Sir Mix-A-Lot / Baby Got Back
18 50 Cent / In Da Club
19 Ice T / Colors
20 Kanye West ft/ Jamie Foxx / Gold Digger
21 Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force/ Planet Rock
22 Naughty By Nature / OPP
23 Outkast / B.O.B.
24 Eric B and Rakim / Paid in Full
25 Fugees / Killing Me Softly
26 MC Hammer / U Can’t Touch This
27 Beastie Boys / Hold it Now, Hit it
28 Ice Cube / It Was A Good Day
30 Digital Underground / The Humpty Dance
30 Tribe Called Quest / Check the Rhime
31 Kool Moe Dee / How Ya Like Me Now
32 Puff Daddy & The Family ft/ Notorious B.I.G., Lil’ Kim and The Lox/ It’s All About The Benjamins
33 Bone Thugs-N-Harmony / Tha Crossroads
34 Cypress Hill / Insane In The Brain
35 Queen Latifah ft. Monie Love / Ladies First
36 Nelly / Hot In Herre
37 Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock / It Takes Two
38 Coolio / Gangsta’s Paradise
39 Tone-Loc / Wild Thing
40 Run-DMC / It’s Like That
41 Funky 4 + 1 / That’s the Joint
42 Roxanne Shante / Roxanne’s Revenge
43 Game, The ft. 50 Cent / Hate It or Love It
44 Method Man ft/ Mary J. Blige / I’ll Be There For You /You’re All I Need to Get By
45 Geto Boys / Mind Playing Tricks On Me
46 De La Soul / Me, Myself, And I
47 Young MC / Bust A Move
48 Nas / One Love
49 Boogie Down Productions / My Philosophy
50 Lil’ Wayne / Tha Block Is Hot
51 Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew / The Show
52 Foxy Brown ft. Jay-Z - I’ll Be
53 Lox ft. DMX and Lil’ Kim / Money, Power, Respect
54 MC Lyte / Cha Cha Cha
55 Terror Squad ft/ Fat Joe and Remy / Lean Back
56 Busta Rhymes / Woo-Ha! Got You All In Check
57 Big Daddy Kane / I Get the Job Done
58 Ludacris ft. Shawna/ What’s Your Fantasy
59 Ol’ Dirty Bastard / Shimmy Shimmy Ya
60 L.L. Cool J / I Need Love
61 Slick Rick / Children’s Story
62 Digable Planets / Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)
63 Kid ‘n Play / Rollin’ With Kid N Play
64 The Roots / What they Do
65 Spoonie Gee and The Treacherous Three / Love Rap
66 House Of Pain / Jump Around
67 Mase / Feel So Good
68 T.I. / What You Know
69 Common / I Used to Love H.E.R
70 3rd Bass / Pop Goes the Weasel
71 Whodini / Freaks Come Out at Night
72 J.J. Fad / Supersonic
73 Black Sheep / The Choice Is Yours
73 EPMD / You Gots To Chill
75 Lil’ Kim ft. Lil’ Cease/ Crush on You
76 Big Punisher ft. Joe/ Still Not A Player
77 Cold Crush Brothers / Cold Crush Bros. at the Dixie
78 Arrested Development / Tennessee
79 DMX / Ruff Ryders’ Anthem (Stop Drop)
80 Three 6 Mafia ft. Paula Campbell/ Hard Out Here For A Pimp
81 PM Dawn / Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
82 Chubb Rock / Treat ‘Em Right
83 2 Live Crew / Me So Horny
84 UTFO / Roxanne Roxanne
85 Black Star / Definition
86 Heavy D. and the Boyz / Now That We Found Love
87 Wyclef Jean ft. Refugee All Stars / We Tryin’ to Stay Alive
88 Jungle Brothers / What U Waitin’ 4
89 Cam’ron / Oh Boy
90 Pete Rock & CL Smooth / They Reminisce Over You(T.R.O.Y)
91 Chamillionaire ft. Krayzie Bone / Ridin’
92 Yo-Yo / Can’t Play with my Yo-Yo
93 N.E.R.D. ft. Lee Harvey and Vida / Lapdance
94 Master P ft. Sikk, Fiend, Mia-x and Mystical / Make ‘Em Say Ugh
95 L’Trimm / Cars With The Boom
96 DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince / Parents Just Don’t Understand
97 Eve / Who’s that Girl
98 Warren G ft. Nate Dogg / Regulate
99 Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft/ Ying Yang Twins / Get Low
100 Biz Markie / Just A Friend


Tough list! I don't know if I should agree with it or not. But one thing I can say is that I was introduced to Hip Hop in the early 90s when Wu Tang Clan, Onyx and EPMD were out, anything older than that might not make my list but I understand you got to pay tribute to the old school. But I'm sure your favorite joint is missing, just like mine.

No comments: