Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's Official: Barack Obama is The Democratic Nominee



Senator Clinton went to the Convention floor and made a motion to nominate Barack Obama as the Democratic candidate by acclamation. He obviously accepted and will give his acceptance speech tomorrow at Invesco Field.

I don't know if you are realizing this but an African American is now the nominee of a major Party in this Western World, this hasn't been done before anywhere, not even in Europe. I never dreamed of this in my life and I never imagined I would live to witness this moment. We have come a long way, but the fight is not over. The next battle is to put him in The White House. You know how your parents or grand-parents used to tell you they were there when Dr. King gave his "I have a dream" speech well now you will get the chance to tell your kids and grand-kids you were there when the first Black man won the nomination for a major Party.

This is surreal and a moment to remember! Get it right in November America! Please!

No comments: