Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight saving sucks

I feel like I lost one good hour of sleep. My sleeping pattern is all messed up. I show up at the club and they are already closed (an hour early, I think). What a waste that is! They need to reconsider that whole thing. A new report showed that Americans tend to lose more money especially on energy costs during Daylight Saving Time. According to the report, it costs Indiana households an extra 8.6 million dollars in electricity bills. It also has an effect on human physiology, your whole biological system is disrupted. When you wake up you are lost a little bit and I'm pretty sure, like every years, somebody is going to be late at work today. Don't mess with the natural clock people.
There are many conflicting reports, in some states it works in others it doesn't. It's definitely benefiting retailers, sports and other outdoors activities in need of daylight, however some problems were observed in farming and entertainment. Workers felt like they were working an extra hour and were not really paid for it. But and extra hour of daylight reduce traffic fatalities since most accidents happen at night. So there are positives and negatives about that concept, I just don't want to be the guy going around all the buildings in campus and change all those analogs clock or adjust timings for meetings, travelling in medical devices and heavy equipments.
Go digital and it will be done automatically, Today I just had to change my car's and microwave's clocks

No comments: